Meet Your Councillors
A list of all our current Soham Town Councillors with Ward representation and Committee membership.
Neighbourhood Plan Working Party
- Note: The Chairman & Vice Chair of Soham Town Council are Ex Officio members of all Standing Committees (when convened) as well as any Working Parties.
- Members of the Public (Residents) also take part.
Soham Town has 3 Wards and 15 Town Councillor members (3 x Central Ward, 6x North Ward and 6x South Wards). Town Councillors may be elected at Local Election times (every 4 years) or in between by co-option (ballot of the existing membership) at a normal council meeting.
Only at Local Election does a prospective Councillor candidate stand and declare for the the Ward (see eligibility criteria below) in which they live. Outside of this specific period a prospective candidate does not need to live in the Ward where a vacancy arises.
A Town Councillor is a public servant and elected to represent the residents. The role does not attract a salary although a small allowance may be claimed.
To be eligible to be considered to become a Councillor you must:
- Be a British citizen or a citizen of the Commonwealth or European Union
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be registered to vote in the area, or have lived, worked or owned property there for at least 12
months before an election
- Have lived within 3 miles/4.8km of the parish for at least 12 months before an election
Please refer to current vacancies.
If you are interested in becoming a Town Councillor please contact the Office in the first instance for more information.
To apply for a vacancy please write to the Assistant Clerk expressing your interest in the post and highlighting an skills or experiences which you feel are useful to the role of a Town Councillor.